Reporting to Accounting Manager
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate to join the finance team and support our growing business with a focus on bookkeeping.
Responsibilities include but are not limited as below:
- Timely follow-up, recording, and invoicing of customer invoices and monthly commission statements.
- Reconciliation of Commission statements
- Day-to-day recording of the store and online sales receipts, coordinating with store staff and reconciling sales to payments and/or intercompany transactions.
- Monitor AP Aging report and process payments before the due date.
- Ensure proper approval and G/L coding for all vendor invoices and charges
- Timely input of invoices in QuickBooks/ Visual for bi-weekly payment runs.
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries, discrepancies both internal and external, and timely follow up on disputes and refunds
- Prepare and place vendor invoices for approvals, timely follow up with staff on unapproved invoices.
- Record credit card transactions on a day-to-day basis
- Review bank transactions daily to ensure timely booking of all receipts and payments
- Record interbank, Shopify transfers both Canadian and other currencies
- Prepare journal entries for FX gain/loss and bank charges, credit card merchant fee as applicable.
- Prepare reports for management
- Preparation of yearend financial reports, statements, and backups for company auditors.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result oriented.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to articulate and communicate in a clear, fact-based manner, including relaying financial information to a non-financial audience
- Strong attention to detail is crucial for this role
- 2+ years of experience in A/R and A/P and bookkeeping, preferably in the fashion wholesale and retail sector.
- University or College diploma/ degree in business and finance preferred
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Visual ERP System are an asset
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic record management
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, vacation pay, group medical insurance (incl. dental and visual), staff discount, and an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a stimulating, fast-paced environment. If you are ready for a dynamic career, we look forward to challenging you.
S+R would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes, we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Slavin Raphael is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection, and placement process.
No telephone calls, please.
Marketing & Graphic Design Intern
We are looking for a Spring 2022 Marketing Intern that is extremely motivated and excited to help with various tasks, as well as provide creative input that will make an immediate impact. We are constantly working on new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role will provide great experience and exposure to various channels of fashion industry.
Position Type: Part-time, Internship, Unpaid, Travel Allowance provided
- Assist marketing team with planning and executing campaigns.
- Coordinate stylist appointments and media pulls.
- Create social contents, e-blast, promotional materials, brochures, and others.
- Assist with ecommerce operation
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Marketing, Fashion Management, or related program
- Intermediate Adobe Suite skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and others.
- Intermediate Photography skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Skills – Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and others.
- Weekly commitment of 14 hours.
S+R would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
No telephone calls please.
LOVE FASHION BUT DON’T SEE A POSITION HERE THAT MATCHES YOUR SKILL SETS?
No problem! We are always looking for great talent. If you are ready to challenge the status quo, join us in writing the next chapter of our journey.
Just click ‘Apply’ and send us your resume. Our team will give it a look and get in touch with you if the right opportunity comes up.
Our strength is our people: At Slavin Raphael, we are always focused on providing an exceptional experience to the customers we serve. This dedication has helped our company remain the number-one Premier Fashion Agency in the apparel, footwear, and accessories industry in Canada. Our office and showrooms are located in the Yorkdale area of Toronto. We are proud of our close-knit environment and are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual with the skills to fill the position and the personality to connect with other team members.